Life More Abundant

A view into the life of a growing family. Living day to day in the promise of life more abundant. John 10:10

Monday, November 14, 2011

Here comes the flower girl......

Maybe I should have titled this post "Here ALMOST comes the flower girl..." Savannah was the flower girl in some good friend's wedding this past weekend and at the last second she decided she didn't want to walk down the aisle and drop flowers. Well, let me back up and say that at the rehearsal Friday  night she didn't want to do it and said she would do it if everyone wasn't looking at her. After lots of convincing and bribing (daddy was a groomsman and had doughnut holes at the front of the church waiting for her if she came down the aisle) she decided she couldn't do it. The bride even asked her if she wanted to walk down the aisle with her and Savannah said no. Let's just say I am really happy we borrowed her dress and didn't buy it! 

 At the rehearsal
 Miles (the ring bearer) and Isaiah, they are good friends
 Savannah as we left for the church
 Savannah and Madeleine (the bride) at the rehearsal dinner
Madeleine's mom braided Savannah's hair. It was so cute. 
 Savannah and the bride
 Daddy looked handsome in his suit and bowtie

 At this point I really thought she was going to do it. She even looked at me and asked if it was time for her to go. She then broke out into tears and hid behind my leg.
 Mr. and Mrs. Jimmy Adkins!!!!


 Savannah loves to be around the bride. We have been to several weddings in the past few months and all the brides have been very patient with Savannah and not minded her being around them. Here she was a little bit in the way as you can see!
 Isaiah was in desperate need of a nap. Of course all he needs is daddy and he is out like a light!
Savannah was very excited about the bubbles! She had a great time at the reception and overall I think she was excited to be a flowergirl so she could wear the pretty white dress and dance her shoes off at the reception...






1 comment:

wahoodebbie said...

I especially love the videos!! You need to cultivate her dance talents for real. She has got some good rhythm and I even see some liturgical (ballet) dancing in her! I bet she slept well that night!