Life More Abundant

A view into the life of a growing family. Living day to day in the promise of life more abundant. John 10:10

Friday, July 29, 2011

Terribly Terrific Two

So people usually refer to the two year old stage as the terrible two's. I understand the reason for it, they have trouble communicating, they are becoming more self sufficient (or at least they want to be more self sufficient), they get upset easily and the have a weird emotional range. The trouble is I don't think any of what I just described is terrible. Hard, yes, but terrible, never!  We were at a store the other day and the cashier tried to talk to Isaiah and he said "no" and turned away. The cashier then asked "Is he mean?" Mean, really??? He is a two year old that isn't sure of strangers, I am thankful for that. I was so surprised that he thought he was mean.......  Anyway, here are some more pictures of our terribly terrific two year old!

 You can' have a birthday without balloons!!
 or flowers from our neighbor friends, so sweet
 Gotta love juice boxes for our birthday dinner
 I love this sweet picture of Isaiah
 We did a pizza birthday party for Isaiah at church since it was our regularly scheduled reading night with the kids at Cross Culture. I think it was fun for him, although he really isn't sure what it was all about.
 Daddy with the cupcakes for everyone, Savannah helped decorate with her new decorating skills from her Aunt Jayne!
 Yep, not even paying attention to the cupcake on fire.
 Tasting it, well the sprinkles are ok......
 Then I licked the frosting once or twice (after dropping it on the floor a few times...
 Then I headed for the trash can (on a side note, as everyone was singing Happy Birthday to him, he found a piece of trash and headed to the trash can to throw it away, not really understanding that people were singing to him!)
 Yep, right into the trash......
 Big sister Savannah loved picking out his decorations, party hats and cupcakes. Good thing her birthday is coming up, she LOVES birthdays!!

 Not sure about the party hat....


 When we got home it was time to open a few presents sent from some great family members! Too bad he wanted to eat another piece of pizza before opening them, this child loves to eat!
 He got some fun toys including a tool box and a great fire truck (see previous video of him opening it), he is very blessed by such sweet loving family members!
 Then we went upstairs to see the table daddy built for Isaiah to run his cars and trains on. Daddy is going to paint a good race track/railroad scene on it soon! Yeah daddy!

Overall, Isaiah had a great day and Savannah is very much looking forward to her birthday next weekend! We are so thankful to the Lord for this sweet blessing he gave us two years ago!!!

No comments: