Life More Abundant

A view into the life of a growing family. Living day to day in the promise of life more abundant. John 10:10

Friday, February 20, 2009

Atlanta trip

We got a nice little vacation earlier this week because Tom had a training at the HUD office in Atlanta and Savannah and I were able to go with him. We left on Monday (Tom had Monday off which was great) and got there in time to walk around some and enjoy dinner out at Jalepeno Charlie's, a great Mexican/Latin restaurant. Savannah enjoyed our black beans and we actually saw them later that evening when she had a BLOW OUT! When I say blow out I mean she has poop all the way up her back to her shoulders. It was actually pretty humorous and we just put her straight into the bathtub. Ok sorry for the details but I thought we were past the blow out stage but I guess not! On Tuesday we played for most of the day at the Centennial Olympic park that was right across the street from our hotel. We met Tom for lunch at Underground Atlanta and went right back to playing. After a great dinner at Ted's Montana Grill (we both enjoyed bison burgers) we went back to the playground and Tom was able to play some with Savannah which he enjoyed. They had a great play area with lots of fun toys and everything was soft. We thought about going to the children's museum but Savannah had such a fun time on the playground I figured why pay to play when she is loving playing for free! Savannah also enjoyed playing in the hotel atrium and walking up the stairs. She is such a pro. Wednesday was pretty gross and kinda rainy out so we stayed inside for the morning before we ate lunch and headed home. I started to feel nausea that morning and ended up losing it on the way home. I'm not sure if it was the pregnancy or something I ate but Savannah was throwing up yesterday too so I am banking on something we ate. Tom luckily has not gotten sick yet but he has been a fabulous husband and daddy cleaning up after us. We are feeling somewhat better today and hope to enjoy a fun weekend in Savannah.

The olympic rings are a fountain that is super busy in the summer time we hear. Not so much when it is 40-50 degrees.

The view from our hotel room!

Of course she loved the swings!

These seats were funny. When you sat on them they spun you around and around. Savannah immediately said "all done" when she sat on them. I guess she didn't like the spinning!

Playing the drums.

Just laughing and playing!

She loves to drive if you haven't figured that out already.

She loved this roller slide and probably went down it 30 times!

She really just started to enjoy slides in the last week. I'd say she is really enjoying herself now!Big girl drinking her juice box at lunch.
Walking back from the underground for lunch. We really enjoyed Atlanta and it made us REALLY miss the city. Who knows maybe God will move us to Atlanta or back to Philly, He sure did give us a heart for the city though we know that.

When we came back in the evening to play, Daddy got in on the slide action.

What a face, he later told me he thought he was stuck. Hillarious either way.

Another happy picture, another great slide down!
This was our cutie on the car ride home. What a sweet face!

1 comment:

Jayne said...

I love her on the slide!