Life More Abundant

A view into the life of a growing family. Living day to day in the promise of life more abundant. John 10:10

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Random moments of joy

We have pretty much being doing the normal things this week.. playing, enjoying the warmer weather at the end of the week, eating, sleeping you know the usual. We have found many moments of joy this week and wanted to tell you about them. Last weekend we went to a trail that used to be an old rail line that went from Savannah to Tybee and took a walk. Savannah loved throwing rocks into the water and making splashes!
I say we went for a walk but Savannah went for a run as usual.

Looking for the splash!

I also got a surprise phone call from my grandfather's sister who was down at Tybee for the week and wanted to get together. This is the grandfather who just passed away in January so we had a great time with them. We met them at the mall here and Savannah played in the children's play area and we talked. It was great to see them and a great surprise. Here is a cute one with Aunt Jo and Aunt Bell. They really enjoyed seeing how big Savannah has gotten.
I think they both really enjoyed that she wanted to hold their hands! So cute!

Savannah has a friend that I watch 2 1/2 days a week and we have really been working on being sweet to her and not hitting her on the head as Savannah likes to do. One day this week I was disciplining Savannah for hitting and she came right over to the little girl and said "hug" and gave her a hug and then I asked her to say "sorry" and she did. Savannah has really been struggling with saying sorry when she does something wrong so this was big for her. I was very proud of her. I have been reading Shepherding a child's heart by Tedd Tripp and am really trying to figure out ways to shepherd her heart and teach her in a manner that honors God and discipline her in a way that respects the authority He has given us a parenting to teach and shepherd our children. I am not sure about everything in the book so far but I really like the idea behind it of not just trying to get your children to do the right thing or be a good person but really teaching to their heart and encouraging them to know God and what His desires are for them and their behaviors. Needless to say this was my random moment of joy for the day when she said "hug" and then "sorry".

Savannah has also learned that she likes basketball. We had an old hoop on a tree in the backyard and she has been trying to shoot the ball towards the hoop. Needless to say it goes in the air a few inches and then falls back to the ground but she enjoys it.

Can you say baller?

As you can see this was right after her shot. Lots of work to do Savannah!

We spent some time at the park this morning as we usually do on the weekend and we wanted to get your opinion on this animal. I call it a goose turkey but Tom says it is a goose. There is only one at the park and it is pretty ornery. We walk by it pretty fast each time but it doesn't seem to want to get into a fight just make noises at you. Weird bird!


Somebody enjoyed do the slides all by herself!

Tom also wanted to show everyone that the flowers are blooming here. We have an azaela bush in our driveway that is blooming and it is February. Pretty crazy. We like the flowers though, they are pretty! We hope they won't all be gone by the time Dave and Jackie are here next weekend so they can see the pretty flowers. We are really excited about their visit and hope the weather is nice!

I had another Dr. appt. this week and the baby looks good! I on the other had have to go to a cardiologist this week because my heart has started skipping beats pretty regularly and they want me to go just to be sure everything is ok. I was pretty nervous about it this week because it was seeming to happen a lot but I trust the Lord and know that His ways are greater than my ways. No need to worry! I take my joy from the Lord and not from Dr.'s or anything they say or don't say!

We have a busy week this coming week, I have that appt. sometime, Savannah has her 18 month check up on Wednedsay ( I will post about that later in the week to see if she is still off of the growth charts as she has been for the past 9 months or so!) I also go to the dentist this week to finish a crowne that I started in August of last year so I will be happy to have that fixed. Savannah's friend will also be here 2 1/2 days like normal so we are going to be busy! Hopefully we will get a post in at some point this week! Don't forget to take time to take a moment of joy in something the Lord has given you today! The Lord is good and her love endures forever!
Savannah thought she would help Daddy water the plants that he just planted in the front, she loves to be a helper!
What a cutie!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Based on the photo, I'd say that your goose is probably a Muscovy duck, a duck native to S. America and Mexico that has been domesticated for hundreds of years.

For more info, including how to control the Muscovy duck population, I'd check out http://www.avianweb.com/muscovyduck.html.